Had a chance to go up and watch a couple of practice sessions from Tottenham Hot Spurs and also the MLS All Star team at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Denver Colorado. Both teams had a game the next day so clearly it wasn’t a typical practice session but was still fun to watch.
First up was Tottenham.
- Started off with a simple dynamic warm-up.
- Tottenham split up into 3 different groups.
- The keepers went with the keeper coach.
- Strikers went to goal with a finishing progression.
- Defenders and Midfielders worked on pattern play.
Finishing Session Progression shown in Video.
Midfielders and Defenders worked on pattern play with Head Coach.
Sidenote: After the season the Tottenham players stayed after and signed autographs and looked happy to be there. I think Harry Kane stayed longer then almost everyone so props to them.
Second up were the MLS All Stars.
- Started off with simple dynamic warmup.
- Went to a equal game of possession. Only limitations I saw were that they were on 2 touch.
- Afterwards Game was 6v6 to goal on a smaller field and went on a time limit and the three teams rotated through vs each other.
Sidenote: After the session ended the MLS players just left. Leaving many fans who waited in the super hot sun quite unimpressed.