Manchester United held a practice session that was open to the public. What I didn’t count on was scoring a sweet Press Pass and being able to stand right ON THE FIELD.
Being with the Press is not all fun and I don’t think I ever got as many bad looks as I did by wearing a Manchester Jacket before but it was worth it.
From being like 2 seats away from Paddy and 4 from Brian McBride to less than 10 yards from the Manchester United players I was in Soccer heaven.
The team was broken up into two halves with what looked to be the starting 11 and the second 11 for the game vs Roma. Below are video clips from the practice session.
- Video: Simple Passing Drill (started with a simple pattern)
- Video: Simple Passing Drill progression (progressed to a variation of the pattern)
- Video: Possession Drill (2 teams playing keepaway with targets on the outside. Targets played with 1 touch.)
- Video: Shooting Drill 1 (While one group was working on corner kicks the other did this shooting drill)
- Video: Shooting Drill 2 (Other group doing the same shooting drill)
- Video: Shooting Drill 3 (Different shooting drill)
- Video: Corner Kick (Corner kick practice worked a few set plays from both sides)
- Video: Full Press Conference w/Van Gaal and Cleverley (Media made more of the Strootman talk then they actually should. I didn’t get the vibe we were really in for him by his PC.
Below are some pictures