Yes it’s that time again the Transfer season is in full swing. You either hate it or you love it and that really all depends on which hour of the day it is. Thank you Gareth Barry for NOT making us drag through the summer wondering where you will go. At least he had the guts to make a quick bad decision. Kaka yep already on his way to Madrid. What will the English Champions who fell short in Europe do to strengthen there squad? Well let’s look at the current 1st team roster first.
1-Edwin van der Sar
VDS will stay another season. I do believe it’s Ben Foster time and Edwin will prove vital leadership.
– Sorry Tomas but your time has passed. Look for him to move on.
It’s your time Ben. If Ben suffers another injury or confidence setback you will see Ben replaced but for now it’s his turn.
Contrary to rumors is going nowhere and has proven his worth.
Evra will be with us for another season. Has improved his offensive skills and overlaps well but has become injury prone. Will see more time going to young Fabio
Yes I put Johnny here because that is where he mainly played for us this season. O’Shea is our strong ultilty player who won’t embarrasses us anywhere but I certainly hope he is not a starter. Will be back.
Rio is starting to show signs of wear and tear and I can see Jonny Evans playing even more next season. Out of Vidic and Rio I look for Rio to take more time off.
Ahh Jonny is going to be our next great central back. Wants to break into the starting lineup within the first team and had many many chances last season. Look for those #s to go up.
Sory Gary but anytime you see next season will be in the Carling Cup. Look for a farwell Gary season here.
- Rafael is the closest of the youngsters to grabbing 1st team starting minutes in the right back spot. Going nowhere.
- Can Wes show he is reliable and durable enough to come back? Will be back but may play in a more minor role.
- Look for Fabio who is supposed to be better than his brother get more minutes this season with the top team.
- Would love to say he is going nowhere but I think CR7 may move onto Madrid this summer. Big summer for for Ronaldo and if he stays this summer it could be long term.
- Berby will get another season to prove he isn’t a bust but this is it for him.
CL loss showed our weakness in the middle and look for Fletcher to become more of a staple in the middle with Carrick.
- Best passer in the England. Going nowhere.
Staying but I do hope he is used in a more minor role. Park got way too much time last yr.
- Created a new role as a central midfielder last year and if used sparingly can be useful. Will stay for 1-2 yrs tops.
- Still has the offensive flair and still can’t tackle. Scholes like Giggs and Neville prove valuable leadership to the young lads. Could be Scholes last season.
- SAF loves Anderson and look for him to take the offensive role of Scholes. Eventually you have to imagine that he will score a goal. Going nowhere.
- Will Owen ever be healthy? Rumors swirling that he is now out till January. This is Owen’s last chance to make a home in the midfield.
- Was suprised Nani didn’t want to leave after his horrible season. Gets credit and one last season to prove his worth.
- Just too crowded in the Midfield for the “Future Keane” and is on transfer list.
- Young enough to gain skill sin reserves isn’t going anywhere.
14 Zoran Tosic:
- Ciould go on loan if Ronaldo stays. Otherwise will see more 1st team minutes.
10- Wayne Rooney:
- Needs to play in the central striking role. Only way that will happen is if Tevez is gone.
- Fans want him to stay but management doesn’t. Sorry Tevez love ya but you have to go.
41- Federico Macheda
- Great young striker or a flash in the pan? We will see this season.
Great young striker just not great enough. Was on loan to Tott’ham and now looks set to be sold to Hull.
19- Danny Welbeck:
- Danny has a future with this club. Can play anywhere and has finishing ability. Look to a bigger role next season.
Was on loan to Hull and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put a permanent bid on him.
It’s already been said that Manchester and Madrid both have bids in for Wigan winger Antonio Valencia and are signing Brazilian teenager Dodo. If Ronaldo leaves you can bet that either Ribery or Benzema will be wearing Red this summer.
Please check out www.ibsoccer.com for Radio Shows and other soccer related posts.