Luis and Craig recap the big Barca/Madrid match up as well as talk about the chances of LaLiga finally breaking into the main stream or why it never will. Plus looking forward to some tasty cup draws in Carling Cup and FA Cup….
Craig and Luis are joined by Mr Futfanatico Elliot Tucker! Join us as we talk about the MLS Cup and International and a whole lot more!!
USA is going to win the World Cup! That’s right drink up the Red, White and Blue kool-aid cause we are going to take this tournament by storm!
After all let’s look at the facts
- we did win the Concacaf region and qualify for the World Cup yet again.
- Heck Portugal, France, Ukraine and Russia haven’t even completed what we already have.
- We beat the African Cup of Nation winners Egypt, we beat Spain the #1 team (at that time) in the World, we SHOULD have beaten Brazil the current #1 team.
- We finally found a striker to play along side of Jozy Altidore in Charlie Davis.
- We have more players over seas than ever before
I can go on and on with reasons that we will win the World Cup but the bottom line is we won’t and that’s OK. The best thing that the US could have done is come out and drink the kool-aid and then play quality opponents. Playing Slovakia in one of the most boring matches that I can remember should make everyone realize that plain and simple we just aren’t that good. Sure missing Donovan (playing with LA), Davis (injury), Holden (playing with Hou) doesn’t help matters but the US should be deep enough to carry on with missing these kinds of players v the #33 ranked team in the world. Sure they qualified for the WC and were playing in a “hostile” environment that included a whooping 7,000 fans there.
USA needs the underdog role. Going into the final match at the Confed cup vs Egypt everyone assumed that Bradley was coaching his last game. When counted out the US team suprises which is why in 98 we were horrible yet 02 we were great… in 06 terrible again… So if we go with that underdog role who knows what will happen in 2010.. at least maybe make it out of the group!
Now let’s see what excuses Bradley uses vs the #27 team in the nation in Denmark so we all think everything is just fine yet again.